wtorek, 11 października 2016

       Polishwide Public Speaking Contest

 On September the 15'th the Polishwide Public Speaking Contest had place,it was the final elimination.It was also part of the national IATEFL conference.I got second place in the earlier round wich was in Wrocław and had to travel to Szczecin in order to take part in the final.It was obviuos that I had to go for two days to the seaside city with a teacher so I traveled there with our English teacher-Mrs.Mołdysz,she helped me a lot with the preparations for the contest.

 We staretd our train journey at  in the morning from Kłodzko,through Poznań to Szczecin Główny.We talked all eight ours in the train and we didn't even notice when we got to our destination.After lunch in a small restaurant we got to our hotel.(we met a really cute cat along teh way).Finally at the hotel we both had some proper rest.But that was not the end of the day,there was much more to come.At eight in front of the hotel,we met Mrs.Mołdysz's friend from university-Ewa.She was a really energetic and warm person.She was our city guide that evening beacouse all three of us were on our way to Szczecin Open for Grzegorz Turnau's concert.
 
 When we arrived at the gates it came out that entry to the concert was only with tickets(wich we did not have).But soon Ewa thought of a fast way to solve this problem,she lended some tickets from her friends and the moment we entered -she gave them back,so still throughout the whole event we were there illegally wich so hilarous.Although there was an almost two hour delay,Grzegorz Turnau and his band were awsome.We somehow even managed to sneak onto the VIP seats.Summing up the three of us entered the concert without tickets and we sat on VIP places almost by accident.Due to the delay the event ended very late so me and Mrs.Mołdysz arrived at the hotel after midnight and tommorow morning I had the contest...


 I hardly woke up but still somehow managed to get prepared properly.After breakfast we traveled to the University where the IATEFL conference and my contest took place.We arrived earlier (abou 9:30) because at 10:00 we wanted to go to David Fishers(American public speaker) lecture.Due to the chaos coused by the IATEFL meetings and so on ,we couldn't find the right room so at the end we entered just wichever room was closest.That's how we got ourselves in a activity meeting about drama and students for English teachers(I'm not yet a teacher).When we entered everybody was a bit puzzled but Mrs.Mołdysz energeticly went in and intruduced us.We sat in a big circle among teachers.I felt a bit strange being the odd one out but ot was quite fun seing things from a teachers piont of view.During the meeting we took part in different kind of social activities ,it was fun with Mrs.Mołdysz being my partner.I actually took part and talked on my opinion a lot.But at 11:00 we sadly had to go the the contest.It was organised in a huge conference hall,lot's of teachers and student's were already there.
  
 In the Public Speaking Contest about 18 people took part but they were divided into gimnasium and high school sections.I was fith in my section.The contestants were really good,most of them had a great accent and volcabulary.I was extremely stressed when they called my name but when I got onto the stage I got over it fast.I talked as if I were talking at a normal practice,no stress or what so ever.I tried my best although it was my first time and I was aware of my small chances.Like I thought,I didn't get any top place but it was ok for me.First place went to a Ukrainian girl wich maybe wasn't exactly fair because of her nationality.There were two second places that earned it and third place had our old student-Sonia Nawrotek.







 Overall,I think that it went quite well and next year I will for sure do better with now having more experience.Still the whole trip was worth the struggle because I had a great time before and after the contest in Szczecin.I saw a city wich I have never been to before,spent good quilty time with Mrs.Mołdysz who isn't exactly who she is during lessons.And of course sadly we had to say goodbye to Ewa who was probably one of the most fun and optimistic people I have ever met.It's worth going to contests,you don't necesarilly have to win to have a great time.The adventure and experience is something that is worth a lot more than prizes.

 

0 komentarze:

Prześlij komentarz

Obsługiwane przez usługę Blogger.

About Us!

We are just normal guys from bilingual class :)

Popular Posts

Twój tekst

Twój tekst

JJCrisHaret- sitek156@gmail.com

Moja lista blogów

Popularne posty

footer social

Obserwatorzy